Located in Lausanne, Switzerland, CECAM is a well established (since 1969) European organization devoted to the promotion of fundamental research on advanced computational methods and to their application to important problems in frontier areas of science and technology. CECAM's fields of interest include computational chemistry, materials science, physics, and biology.
The main activities of CECAM are:
- Organizing or sponsoring scientific meetings of varying scale and duration (seminars, discussion meetings, workshops, thematic and general conferences);
- Organizing or sponsoring tutorials and schools aimed at the training of young scientists;
- Organizing programs of short and longer term visits of scientists to the CECAM locations;
- Contributing, through links with academics, to Master and Doctoral programs in Computational Materials Science;
- Organizing or sponsoring special events promoting common research activities involving both EU and overseas researchers.