Welcome to VPK lab of Glycoimmunology!
Our lab is studying the mechanisms that govern glycan immune recognition and responses in animal models and humans, both in vitro and in vivo. We combine glycobiology, immunology, biotechnology and cancer research, and use cutting edge technologies within these disciplines, including glycan microarray and glyco-nanotechnology.
Current interests include:
- Immunological mechanisms of unique anti-carbohydrate antibodies.
- Glycoimmunology in xenotransplantation, as members of the EU TRANSLINK consorsium.
- Anti-carbohydrate antibodies in mucosal secretions and sera.
- Development novel diagnostics and therapeutics to chronic inflammation mediated diseases.
- Development of bio-nanotechnology tools based on glycan recognition, as members of the Tel Aviv University center for Nanoscience & Nanotechnology.
- Identification and characterisation of Tumor-Associated Carbohydrate Antigens (TACA) as members of the Cancer Biology Research Center (CBRC).