Senior Scientist, head of the XRD laboratory
I am Italy born Crystallographer now in Israel. I graduated in chemistry at University of Milano (1994) and I obtained the Ph.D. title in Mineralogy and Crystallography at University of Modeana e Reggio Emilia (1998). I worked at ESRF synchrotron (1998-200) and I was senior resercher at the University of Torino (2000-2013). Since I am in Israel I worked at University of Tel Aviv and at Technion in Haifa.
I have a huge experience in X-ray and Neutron Powder Diffraction Crystallography at high pressure and in high temperature condition and a good experience in the quantitative and qualitative analysis of powder by means x-ray diffraction.
My main expertise are:
CRYSTALLINE POWDER ANALYSIS
NOT-AMBIENT DIFFRACTOMETRIC ANALYSIS
SYNCROTRON LIGHT DIFFRACTION
- W. M. Xu, G. R. Hearne, S. Layek, D. Levy, M. P. Pasternak, G. Kh. Rozenberg, and E. Greenberg, Interplay between structural and magnetic-electronic responses of FeAl2O4 to a megabar: Site inversion and spin crossover, 2018, Physical Review B 97, 085120
- Polishchuk I., Bracha A. Aronhime, Bloch, L., Levy, D., Kozachkevich, S., Etinger-Geller Y., Kauffmann Y. Burghammer M., Giacobbe, C., Villanova J., Hendler G., Sun Chang-Yu, Giuffre AJ, Marcus Matthew A., Kundanati L., Zaslansky P., Pugno Nicola M., Gilbert Pupa UPA, Katsman, A., Pokroy B., Coherently aligned nanoparticles within a biogenic single crystal: A biological prestressing strategy, 2017 , Science 358, 6368, 1294
- WM Xu, GR Hearne, S. Layek, D. , Levy, JP. Itié, MP Pasternak, G. Kh. Rozenberg, E. Greenberg, Site-specific spin crossover in Fe 2 TiO 4 post-spinel under high pressure up to near a megabar, 2017, Phys. Rev. B, 96, 4, 045108
- S. Pasternak, D. Levy, Y. Paza and B. Pokroy. Structural Analysis and Optical Properties of the Bi2-xYxWO6, CrystEngComm, 2016,18, 6464-6470
- Hirsch, A., D. Gur, I. Polishchuk, D. Levy, B. Pokroy, A. J. Cruz-Cabeza, L. Addadi, L. Kronik and L. Leiserowitz. "Guanigma": The Revised Structure of Biogenic Anhydrous Guanine. 2015 Chemistry of Materials 27(24): 8289-8297.
- Levy, D.; Pastero, L.; Hoser, A.; Viscovo, G.; Thermal expansion and cation partitioning of MnFe2O4 (Jacobsite) from 1.6 to 1276 K studied by using neutron powder diffraction, Solid State Communications 2015, 201, Pages 15-19
- Levy, D.; Giustetto, R.; Hoser, A., Structure of magnetite (Fe3O4) above the Curie temperature: a cation ordering study. Physics and Chemistry of Minerals 2012, 39, 169-176.
- Marinoni, N.; Levy, D.; Dapiaggi, M.; Pavese, A.; Smith, R., In situ high-temperature X-ray and neutron powder diffraction study of cation partitioning in synthetic Mg(Fe0.5Al0.5)2O4 spinel. Physics and Chemistry of Minerals 2011, 38, 11-19.
- Levy, D.; Diella, V.; Pavese, A.; Dapiaggi, M.; Sani, A., P-V equation of State, thermal expansion, and P-T stability of synthetic zincochromite (ZnCr2O4spinel). American Mineralogist 2005, 90, 1157-1162.
- Levy, D.; Artioli, G.; Dapiaggi, M., The effect of oxidation and reduction on thermal expansion of magnetite from 298 to 1173 K at different vacuum conditions. Journal of Solid State Chemistry 2004, 177, 1713-1716.
- Levy, D.; Diella, V.; Dapiaggi, M.; Sani, A.; Gemmi, M.; Pavese, A., Equation of state, structural behaviour and phase diagram of synthetic MgFe2O4, as a function of pressure and temperature. Physics and Chemistry of Minerals 2004, 31, 122-129.
- Levy, D.; Pavese, A.; Hanfland, M., Synthetic MgAl2O4 (spinel) at high-pressure conditions (0.0001-30 GPa): A synchrotron X-ray powder diffraction study. American Mineralogist 2003, 88, 93-98.
- Sani, A.; Hanfland, M.; Levy, D., Pressure and temperature dependence of the ferroelectric-paraelectric phase transition in PbTiO3. Journal of Solid State Chemistry 2002, 167, 446-452.
- Levy, D.; Pavese, A.; Sani, A.; Pischedda, V., Structure and compressibility of synthetic ZnAl2O4 (gahnite) under high-pressure conditions, from synchrotron X-ray powder diffraction. Physics and Chemistry of Minerals 2001, 28, 612-618.
- Levy, D.; Meneghini, C., High-pressure studies of La0.25Ca0.75MnO3 using X-ray diffraction at the ESRF synchrotron. In Epdic 7: European Powder Diffraction, Pts 1 and 2, 2001; Vol. 378-3, pp 534-538.
- Pavese, A.; Levy, D.; Hoser, A., Cation distribution in synthetic zinc ferrite (Zn0.97Fe2.02O4) from in situ high-temperature neutron powder diffraction. American Mineralogist 2000, 85, 1497-1502.
- Levy, D.; Pavese, A.; Hanfland, M., Phase transition of synthetic zinc ferrite spinel (ZnFe2O4) at high pressure, from synchrotron X-ray powder diffraction. Physics and Chemistry of Minerals 2000, 27, 638-644.
- Catti, M.; Levy, D.; Artioli, G., Synchrotron X-ray powder diffraction study of (Bi,Pb)(1.64)Sr1.43Ca1.57Mn2O9, Mn-analogue of BSCCO-2212 superconductor. Journal of Solid State Chemistry 1999, 147, 501-508.
Full CV and pubblication list here